Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wednesday, August 10- The Empty space

There is so much written about beautiful plants in the garden. Empty dirt just doesn’t get respect.
Look at these pictures. I wanted some space to plant a daylily. The daylily currently is not getting enough sun. So I cleared out the space a few days ago.


There it is- all potential. I could put almost anything there. I know I will put a daylily there. But what else? Should I plant 25 mixed crocuses? How about leaving room for moss roses? There are so many choices.
Maybe I will just let it sit there empty for a few weeks, giving it an occasional turning, perhaps adding some nutritional thing or another.
Here is another advantage. An empty dirt area is rather easy to weed.
So give dirt a chance. Make a fuss over it. That extra attention will be helpful in the long run.

No comments: