Sunday, July 29, 2007

The end of July

It is summer. That means it is hot, weedy and buggy, a great combination. It makes you just want to jump out of bed, put on bug repellant and go battle the weeds- not. So what do you do? I find little corners of the garden to work on. I get rid of the weeds and splash some color around. I am planting annuals where they can go. You can pick up some great deals from some of the garden places who can't imagine who would want to be planting things this time of year.
It is also the time to start with the fantasy gardens. What I mean is that I get the catalogues and begin to think where can I put all those wonderful Asiatic lilies. Once you start identifying wonderful lilies it is hard to stop. But nothing can cheer you up like just ordering 10 wonderful bulbs for next year.
But there is still color in the garden . There are still daylilies. The flocks are about at their height.And then there are computer games. There is this bit of fun of course. Take some pictures and send them around. Actually coming soon, maybe as early as next week, will be a blog. It really is easy to start one. I have done it and think you will be introduced next week.



Hosta are not known for their flowers. There are flowers however that should be noted. This is Green Fried Tomatoes.



Daylilies, daylilies, daylilies. They have kept the garden going for ever so long. This closeup is of Delmar.



There is no denying that purple cone flowers are very much a part of the July garden. Whether they are a contrast with the pastels of daylilies, or mixed in with the ever present black eyed susans, it seems like they are everywhere.
The flowers are amazing when you look at them close up.



Phlox are also everywhere. If you haven't pulled them out they can give quite the image from down the block. On the other hand they can be good up close.




Here is the latest installment in the pond frog shots of the summer.

5 comments:

dp said...

Great start, Mister!

FWIW, a couple suggestions:

Indent your paragraphs or separate them by one line (my preference). ...makes for easier reading.

Your current setup requires your readers to make accounts before they can comment. If I didn't already have an account for our blog, I don't know that I would have registered just to comment here. *shrugs*

Photos are as clear here as they were in your email! You might note in your post that if one clicks on the photos an enlargement will appear?

Again, great start!

Happy August!!!

philip Mears said...

I think I have changed it so that anyone can make a post. This blog, like the garden, is a work in progress.

Anonymous said...

*nods* *smiles*

...as are all of us!

There are downsides to the open posting, but I don't think this site should draw many, if any.

I'm not posting from my account, so let's see what happens:

This is a test *grins*

...

...kewl, the preview shows that it works! Will try an anonymous post the next time.

Meantime, keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Ah, the blog is wonderful! I like being able to go back and look at previous weeks' photos, without having to store them. It's also great to see the commentary right alongside the photo. Keep sending the weekly e-mails, though!

Phyllis in Madison

Anonymous said...

When someone writes an paragraph he/she maintains the image of
a user in his/her brain that how a user can understand it.
Therefore that's why this article is amazing. Thanks!

Feel free to surf to my blog - vaginal messh class action